Built on the successful Futura platform, the Futura Edge is designed for edge cut keys. The Futura Edge will easily duplicate by copying from the original key, by indirect code or by direct code. Like the Futura Pro, this model is powerful enough for the professional and ideal for inexperienced users thanks to the software-guided procedures.
Controlled by a removable 10” (254)mm) touch-screen tablet, the Futura Edge guides the user step-by-step in all key cutting operations: for example, in selecting the make, model and year for automotive keys, in the choice of the right clamp, how to load the key, etc. The patented laser reading of the key profile makes the Futura the only electronic machine in the market that allows you to duplicate a flat key without first searching for the relevant cutting card.
- Patented laser reading of the key profile, no need to search for the relevant cutting card.
- Nickel plated, 4-sided clamp with a patented, precise rotation system
- The color-changing LED lights indicates the status of the cutting process: white – ready to proceed, yellow – process of cutting, green – cutting is complete and it is safe to raise the safety shield.
- Wi-Fi link between machine and tablet or the user can tether the tablet directly to the machine.
- Equipped with two USB ports on the back of the machine; one for tablet recharge and one for the tethering connection so the machine and tablet remain connected and operational even when the Wi-Fi connection is lost or unstable. The second USB port can also be used to connect the supplied USB flash drive to import code tables or machine software updates.
- Optional Code Maker software allows user to create custom cutting cards for standard edge cut keys.
- Fast cutting cycles plus tablet and electronics that deliver fast start up and response times between the tablet and the machine.
- Exposed screws are stainless steel for wear resistance and longevity
- Software interfaces with Instacode® and Kreate-A-Key™
- Removable tablet stand can be locked onto the hood of the machine or placed on the counter
Edge Cut Station
- Duplicate by copying from the original key, indirect code or by direct code.
- Securely clamp standard residential/commercial keys on side A, smaller blade keys for padlocks, cabinets, etc. on side B.
- Dedicated to Automotive are sides C and D (“tongue and groove system”) that allow for proper alignment of two-sided keys; even worn keys can be easily decoded
- Step-by-Step calibration instructions
- Optional 06V clamp allows for secure clamping of Best® style keys regardless of the key-way. The built-in tip stop makes gauging Best® keys simple and easy. Jaw A (same as on the 01V clamp) will be on the opposite side, so this jaw can be used for Best® type keys and standard edge cut keys. Simply install the 06V in place of the 01V on your Futura machine using the inner clamp spring from the 01V.
Ease of Operation
- Shortcut function for vehicle key cutting code searches eliminates manual entry. Simply input the first letters and the software will prompt the make and model for your selection
- Built-in tool/accessory tray on top of the machine
- Multi-language support
Motors: 24V d.c., 5,5 Amp, 130W
Power Supply: 90/264V a.c - 50/60Hz
Tool Speed: 1500 RPM
Prismatic Cutter: D747276ZR
Movements: 2 axes (special bushings) driven by step motors on rectified roller guides
Carriage Runs: Axis X 1.18” (30mm) x Axis Y 1.97” (50mm)
Dimensions: 12.52” (318mm) W 16.26” (413mm) D 20.47” (522mm) H with tablet 13.38” (340mm) H without tablet
Weight: 35.3 lbs. (16 kg)
Warranty: 2 years (machine and tablet)
Futura Edge Brochure - English
- 4,82 MB
Futura Edge Brochure - Spanish
- 4,84 MB
Futura Edge Brochure - French
- 4,82 MB
Futura Edge FAQ - English
- 606 KB
Futura Edge NA-Spare Parts
- 945 KB
Futura Edge-Manual - English
- 6,25 MB
Futura Edge-Manual - Spanish
- 6,33 MB
Futura Edge-Manual - French
- 6,42 MB
Futura Edge-Quick Start Guide
- 481 KB
Futura Edge-Software Guide
- 4,45 MB